However, Prof Nawangwe said some of the above mentioned staff resigned years ago and have since been replaced.
“Resignation is normal. Some of those on the list resigned as far back as two years ago and were already replaced. It just took the appointments Board a long time to formally accept their resignations, ”Prof Nawangwe said.
University professors earn Shs15m per month. They are closely followed by senior lecturers who earn about Shs7.5m.
A number of lecturers at Makerere University have on several occasions attacked the university for failure to promote them to the level of associate professor or professor level upon fulfilling the requirements.
- Dr Gilbert Maiga, Associate professor, Information Technology
- Dr Violate Okaba Kayom, Lecturer-Paediatrics and Child Health
- Dr Samuel Mugabi Nsereko-Lecturer-Radiology and Radiotherapy.
- Dr Deogratious Amos Mwaka-Senior lecturer-Internal Medicine.
- Dr Danstan Kalanzi- Lecturer Dentistry
- Dr Joseph Mutesasira – Dental Technician
- Dr Mark Muyingo Tamusange-Lecturer, Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Mr Samuel Godwin Isa Ass. Lecturer, Architecture and Physical Planning
- Mr Joshua Justin Kidaaga Ass.lecturer-library and information
- Mr Adrew Wabwezi- Academic librarian
- Tito Bwayo-Driver
- Mr Eryau Eboku Moses -Chief Custodian School of Law
- Mr Eria Musali-Technical assistant-Biochemistry
- Mr Mark Kabaseke Rujumba-Web Administrator
- Mr Peter Ogwang-Senior library assistant.
- Ms Benny Kaitesi-Sanitary cleaner
- Mr Jude Muhairwe-Custodian