A measles outbreak has so far killed 698 people in Zimbabwe since its onset in April this year, with 50 having died during the first four days of September, according to health ministry data.
The Ministry of Health and Child Care said 85 new cases were recorded on Sunday, although there were no deaths; on Saturday, the country recorded 172 new cases and 13 deaths.
The total tally now stands at 6,291 confirmed cases, 698 deaths and 4,459 recoveries.
The most affected province is Manicaland, which has so far recorded 3,009 cases and 347 deaths, followed by Mashonaland West with 855 cases and 141 deaths.
It said 3,567 of those infected by the viral disease are unvaccinated, and that the government has since launched a vaccination blitz against measles and polio in conjunction with the World Health Organization and other partners covering children between the ages of six and 59 months.